Ampuero and Associates LLP

Webside main banner

Authorization Letters

passport picture

Letter of authorization for minors traveling abroad

The Government of Canada strongly recommends that Canadian children carry a consent letter if they are travelling abroad alone, with only one parent/guardian, with friends or relatives or with a group. For the purposes of this consent letter, a Canadian child is defined as anyone who is under the age of majority (18 or 19, depending on the province or territory of residence).

A consent letter is not a legal requirement in Canada, but it can simplify travel for Canadian children, as it may be requested by immigration authorities when entering or leaving a foreign country or by Canadian officials when re-entering Canada.

The letter demonstrates that Canadian children have permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them. We will guide you through this process and/or the legal issues that apply to you and your children's unique situation.

company logo
3500 Dufferin St. Suite 201
Toronto, On, M3K 1N2
(416) 638 0919
(416) 638 0928